Wow... amazing to think that this is the last day of 2014!
2015 is going to be a busy year too, with a whole new set of challenges in real life rather than a repetition of previous fights. I'll be in my VERY LAST semester as a degree-seeking student (WHOOHOO), but I'll have to write and defend my thesis by April (ep), and I'll have to start hunting down a real-world job (double ep). Once that's settled, it should be a much easier year!
As I've said before, I want to start up a few comics around August (when I've had a summer living as a non-student to MAKE them), but I want lots of practice this spring before I start making them. So I'll be submitting lots and lots of stuff here for some feedback as I move forward. Some of the things I'll be doing to practice my developing style and to get more creative will be:
- Some short comics (including a "Five Nights at Freddy's" one to showcase the animatronic Sahara I designed for it (on Tumblr)
- Character design sheets (with alternative outfits and so on), possibly also of upcoming characters in my comics
- More elaborate pictures to aim for a very specific type of mood
A lot of what I'll update in the spring will be testers and stuff like what is mentioned above, but after that it should be much easier to get things done and posted because I won't be fighting other things during my days (or nights or weekends...). I'm looking forward to my last semester as BEING my last official semester (I'm interested in future classes, just not "for" anything), and to my life getting a little saner and quieter
So, to cap this whole schpeal off, I've got a few New Year's Resolutions which I hope y'all will share with me too
- Not getting sick my last semester (yeah. got sick twice this last fall, got sick just after Christmas...)
- Practicing and enhancing my art into MY own style
Happy New Year, Everyone!